Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sweet Home Indiana...

"Home at last!"

Purdue's newest (and cutest) fan!!

Taking a nap with Aunt Kinsey!

Well we got to come home Friday morning, which was awesome! We've had several visitors over the weekend. The "workgirls" came by Friday to visit and bring us some food for the weekend. Grammy and Grandpa Wallace have come by often to check up on things and visit. We've seen Uncle Todd and Aunt Kinsey, one who is still a little leary to hold Caroline and one who hardly wants to put her down! (Bet you can't guess which is which...). We also got a good laugh from the visit with our friend Carey. Everytime he tried to hold Caroline she'd start crying, then I'd take her and she'd stop immediately. I handed her back and he even tried to keep holding her the same way I had been holding her and she started screaming again! As soon as he handed her back to me she stopped immediately again. We tried one last time and this time VICTORY! She stayed nice and relaxed and made her now world famous goofy faces while sleeping. It was a great visit. I've got one more day at home before I head back to the routine of school. Kristy gets 16 weeks off! (How great is that!!??) We've been having a hard time adjusting to the life of a 1 week year old...amazingly it's very similar to the lifestyle I had in college, though it's much harder to handle now that I'm out of that lifestyle: lots of napping/sleeping during the day and not much sleeping at night! We've really enjoyed reading all your comments, especially those from far off family! We look forward to more visitors and settling into our new life with a little one. We hope to get some pictures taken as a family soon. We'll be sure to post those for you to snag as soon as we get them done. Until next time, we hope you're all doing well, and will talk to you again soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations from a far away relative. This is Uncle Bill from Ca. I am so excited and happy for you. I love the pictures and really enjoy this blog. Keep putting in updates and I will keep checking the blog. I remember the sleepless nights. Don't worry, in about eighteen years when you send Caroline off to college you can get caught up on sleep. It's really great to be able to see what's happening so instantly.

With so much love and joy,
Uncle Bill

The Wibbler said...

Man, our small group sure does have good looking kids! When all members of the family are feeling stronger, will Caroline be visiting our small group also?

Emma said...

- Mr. Wallace

Hey! Hows it going? This is Emma McCord from Science class. I love Caroline. I ecpesially like the one about the hicbs it is so cute. Have fun.

- Emma McCord

P.S.- CAROLINE IS SO ADORABLE AND CUTE