Monday, July 6, 2009

Family Vacation - June 2009

Whoa! I just realized I'm getting ahead of myself here! I've gotta add photos of our first family vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
The Wallace clan (well, all except Kinsey - she had to work) drove down to Tennessee the first week of June. We stayed in a cozy log cabin tucked away in the Smokey Mountains. What beautiful country! A lot different than the acres of corn fields that you see in Indiana, that's for sure! Here are some moments we captured on camera!


This one is a classic - Caroline was standing up, playing at her musical table. She fell backwards and of course I caught her. She thought this was pretty fun, so she stood up once again, this time, looking back at me with a mischeivious grin and a twinkle in her eye, and purposefully fell backwards again! We did this many times during our stay in TN. I'm sure many moms will shake their finger at me for playing this game, but what can you do....
Just take in the sheer joy in this child's face as she is falling backwards.
PS: She has forgotten this trick - thank goodness!

This is another fun memory....it rained one afternoon, and Grammy held Caroline out to touch the rain. She loved it!!

Yes, we saw lots of black bears while we were there! Here's one that crossed our path as we were hiking up to Laurel Falls. There were actually 3 in this group - a mama bear and 2 cubs. Very cute! Caroline had fun waving "hi" to the bears! Grammy and Grandpa couldn't resist buying her a black bear stuffed animal before we left the Smokies!


We all hiked the Appalachian Trail one day - well, about 3 miles of it anyway! It was rugged and rocky...and lots of fun!

Wild turkey crossing!

Three men and a baby :P

In the Smokies!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

she is getting ot be so big and cute

benny krown said...

beautiful mountains and a beautiful baby. my favorite might be the three men and a baby one though :)

Trisha C said...

hmm, six plus months. I know I just found your blog but I'm already dying for update. And of course I'm a junkie for cute baby pictures!
Trisha Caster